How are you feeling about now? The kids are out of school; the holiday week is just about starting. Is everything done and ready? No? Eeek!
No matter what time of year, having a lot to do doesn’t mean you have to feel frazzled. And then there’s that body of yours. It feels your mental stress. Poor body, poor mind.
I want to give you a gift to give yourself, a holiday gift just for you, a Body Scan. A few minutes of tuning into your body can help you regenerate so you can do what you want to get done.
A few precious moments for your precious body and mind. It will only take about 3-5 minutes.
Here’s what to do:
1. Lie on the floor on your back (or bed), legs long (or knees bent feet standing if it’s more comfortable)
2. Sense and feel your body and its contact with the floor.
3. Notice the parts of your body that are touching the floor:
- Notice the contact of your legs
- The back of your pelvis.
- What parts of your back touch the floor?
4. Notice what’s not touching the floor:
- Perhaps there’s space under your lower back
- Your neck.
- Where else?
Don’t try to change anything, just let it be there in your awareness.
5. Sense the floor supporting you.
7. Roll to your side and stand up.
- Feel your feet on the floor and take a breath.
And off you go!
You can do this Body Scan in sitting too. Feel whatever parts of your body contact the surface of the chair, feet on the floor. Getting on a plane soon? Do it on the plane. At work, any place at all.
It’s important to tune into your body and feel it. You’ll gain awareness of how you feel so you can do what you want with less stress and more comfort. We can always use less stress and more comfort no matter what time of year.
Would you like to do more and dive into an hour of Awareness Though Movement? I have two series starting up in January. Wed morning is almost full with just one spot left.